For many people, making friendship bracelets was one of their favorite parts of summer camp. They are easy to make and allow a lot of creativity when you make them.
Are you interested in learning how to make friendship bracelets?
We put together this step-by-step guide on how to make beautiful friendship bracelets that your friends will love.
The Steps for Making a Friendship Bracelet
Friendship bracelets are an easy and fun craft you can make with a few basic supplies.
Here's our step-by-step guide on how to make a simple friendship bracelet:
- Gather your supplies: You will need embroidery floss in various colors, scissors, and a tape measure or ruler.
- Cut your embroidery floss: Cut six strands of embroidery floss to the same length. The length of the strands will depend on the size of the bracelet you want to make. A good rule of thumb is to cut the strands to be about three to four times the length of your wrist.
- Tie the strands together: Tie the six strands of embroidery floss together at one end, leaving a small tail.
- Make a knot: Make a knot with the tail of the embroidery floss, about 1/4 inch from the end. This knot will hold the strands together while you work.
- Divide the strands into three sections: Divide the six strands into three sections of two strands each.
- Start the knotting: Take the left section of two strands and tie a knot around the middle section of two strands. Repeat this process, alternating between the left and middle sections of strands.
- Continue knotting: Continue knotting until the bracelet is the desired length. Keep the knots tight and close together to ensure a secure bracelet.
- Finish the bracelet: Once the bracelet is the desired length, tie a knot with the tail of the embroidery floss to secure the bracelet. Trim any excess embroidery floss.
You can experiment with different colors and patterns to make various friendship bracelets.
Also, as a tip, you can use a clipboard or a book to hold the bracelet while working on it to make it easier to keep the knotting tight and close together.
Click Here To Contact LaCKore Couture Today!
Fun and Exciting Knotting Techniques
You can use a variety of different knotting techniques to make friendship bracelets that will give a variety of fun patterns and designs.
Let's take a look at a few different knotting techniques you can try:
- Chevron: The chevron pattern is created by knotting the middle section of two strands over the left and right sections of two strands instead of under, as in the basic knotting technique. This knot style creates a V-shaped pattern.
- Fishtail: The fishtail pattern is created by knotting the middle section of two strands under the left section of two strands and then over the right section of two strands.
- Ladder: The ladder pattern is created by knotting the middle section of two strands under the left section of two strands, over the next section of two strands, and then under the next section of two strands. The process is repeated until the bracelet is the desired length.
- Spiral: The spiral pattern is created by knotting the middle section of two strands under the left section of two strands, over the next section of two strands, and then under the next section of two strands, but then the order is reversed for the next set, over the next section of two strands, and then under the next section of two strands.
- Chevron & Fishtail: The Chevron & Fishtail pattern combines the two previous patterns. You start with a Chevron pattern and then change the direction of the knotting and create the Fishtail pattern.
Experimenting with different combinations of colors, patterns, and charms can lead to an infinite variety of designs. However, it's also important to remember to keep the knots tight and close together to ensure a secure bracelet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What materials do you use for making friendship bracelets?
Friendship bracelets are typically made with embroidery floss, a type of thread made from six thin strands of cotton or polyester.
However, you can use other materials, such as yarn, ribbon, or even thin strips of fabric, to make friendship bracelets.
How long does it take to make a friendship bracelet?
The time it takes to make a friendship bracelet will depend on the complexity of the design and the skill level of the person making it.
A simple friendship bracelet can be made in as little as 30 minutes, while more complex designs can take several hours.
How do I make sure my friendship bracelets stay tight and don't come undone?
It's essential to keep the knots close together and ensure they are tied tightly to keep your friendship bracelets tight and secure. Make sure to check the bracelet periodically while you work on it, and adjust the knots as needed.
Once the bracelet is finished, tie a knot with the tail of the embroidery floss to secure the bracelet and trim any excess thread.
Click Here To See LaCKore Couture’s Latest Arrivals!
Friendship Bracelets Are a Fun DIY Project You Can Do Year Round
Friendship bracelets take us back to the days of summer camp. They are easy to make and can be fun for kids and adults.
One of the best things about friendship bracelets is the variety of materials, colors, and patterns you can use when making them. And once you master the technique, you can start using more intricate designs that showcase your creativity and style.
Making friendship bracelets can be fun for the entire family as you make personalized gifts for the people you care about the most.
So, why are you waiting? Grab your materials and start making friendship bracelets today!Related: Handmade Jewelry Trends 2022 - End of Year Looks