Do you ever feel overwhelmed when picking out jewelry? Since there are so many styles and sizes, it's hard to know what will look good on you. This post will break down the different necklace lengths for men and help you choose the right one for your style. Read on to learn more!
Related Link: Symbols Stamped on Jewelry: What Do They Mean?
Choosing The Right Necklace
When it comes to choosing the right necklace length, there are a few things you need to take into account. The first is your height. You can get away with a longer necklace if you're a tall guy. However, if you're on the shorter side, you'll want to stick with a shorter length. The second thing you need to consider is the neckline of your shirt. A shorter necklace will look best if you're wearing a collared shirt.
If you're wearing a V-neck or other type of shirt showing more of your chest, you can go for a longer necklace. Lastly, you need to think about what type of pendant you're going to be wearing. If it's a large pendant, you'll want to go with a shorter necklace so that it doesn't overwhelm your look.
The most important thing to remember when choosing the right necklace length is that it should complement your overall look, not compete with it. With that in mind, here are some general guidelines for choosing the right necklace length based on your height and the neckline of your shirt:
- If you're under 6'0", stick with a shorter necklace that falls between 16 and 20 inches.
- If you're 6'0" or taller, you can go with a longer necklace that falls between 22 and 24 inches.
- If you're wearing a collared shirt, stick with a shorter necklace that falls between 16 and 18 inches.
- If you're wearing a V-neck or other type of shirt showing more of your chest, you can go with a longer necklace that falls anywhere from 20-22 inches.
- If you're wearing a large pendant, stick with a shorter necklace so that the pendant doesn't overwhelm your look. A good rule of thumb is to choose a necklace about half the width of your chest.
Looking for beautiful, handmade women’s jewelry? Check out LaCkore Couture today!
How to Take Care of Your Necklace
A necklace is a particular piece of jewelry that can really elevate your look. With just a few simple steps, you can extend the life of your necklace and make sure it always looks its best.
Cleaning Your Necklace
The first step in taking care of your necklace is to clean it regularly. You should aim to clean your necklace at least once a week, but more often is better if you wear it frequently. You can clean your necklace in a variety of ways, but the most important thing is to use a gentle cleanser that will not harm the metal or gemstones. Here are a few options:
- Soap and water: This is the simplest and most gentle way to clean your necklace. Just mix a small amount of mild soap with lukewarm water and soak your necklace for a few minutes. Then, use a soft cloth to gently scrub the necklace before rinsing it off with clean water.
- Jewelry cleaner: You can buy a special jewelry cleaner at most stores that sell jewelry. Just follow the instructions on the bottle and be sure to rinse off the cleaner thoroughly when you're done.
- Vinegar and water: If you don't have any jewelry cleaner on hand, you can mix equal parts vinegar and water to create a DIY cleaning solution. Soak your necklace in the solution for a few minutes before scrubbing gently with a soft cloth. Rinse off thoroughly with clean water when you're done.
Related Link: A History of Men’s Jewelry
How to Store Your Necklace
When you're not wearing your necklace, it's important to store it properly so that it doesn't get tangled or damaged. The best way to store a necklace is on a jewelry stand or in a jewelry box where it won't rub up against other pieces of jewelry and get scratched. You should also avoid storing your necklace in direct sunlight, as this can cause the metal to tarnish over time.
Taking care of your necklace is important if you want it to last for years to come. By cleaning and storing it properly, you can keep your necklace looking like new for many years to come.
When Not to Wear a Necklace at All
While jewelry can be a great way to express your personal style, there are some occasions when it's best to leave your necklaces at home. For example, if you're going to be doing a lot of physical activity, it's probably not a good idea to wear a necklace. Not only could it get in the way, but there's also a chance that it could break or get lost.
The same is true for activities like swimming or spending time in a sauna, as the heat can damage jewelry. In general, it's best to play it safe and leave your necklaces at home on days when you'll be sweating or doing anything that could potentially damage your jewelry.
Want to stay up-to-date on the hottest jewelry trends? Visit our blog today!
Choosing The Right Necklace Length
Choosing the right necklace length is all about finding the perfect balance between your height, the neckline of your shirt, and the type of pendant you're wearing.By considering all of these factors, you'll be able to find the ideal length for your needs!Related Link: Men’s Jewelry Guide: The Best Jewelry for Men